Having the information you need in the palm of your hand can be a true business enabler, whether you are in the boardroom, on the shop floor, at the warehouse or with a customer. With the proliferation of mobile devices, advances in wireless technologies and increasing maturity of mobile applications, manufacturers are turning to mobile devices to help them overcome numerous industry challenges. Mobile technology has the potential to help manufacturers automate processes, increase operational competitiveness, reduce costs and gain efficiencies. It holds the promise of taking the manufacturing industry into its next growth phase.
Creating efficient shop floor management – Mobility can help manufacturers overcome several challenges on the shop floor including:
- Machine downtime
- Issues related to quality and task scheduling
- Worker frustration and dissatisfaction due to poor and faulty communication
- The inability to locate the right specialist for the job
- The inability to track the right resources
Mobile applications built on iNotify Mobility platform for manufacturing industries offers solutions in real time asset tracking, transportation optimization, checklist, manuals and preventive & breakdown maintenance improve shop floor management and increase operational efficiency.
Mobile technology can profoundly and positively affect the manufacturing environment, in terms of enabling scheduled and predictive plant maintenance cycles. Mobien’s next generation mobility solutions help engineers to generate predictive maintenance schedules, address downtime maintenance and lower MTBF (mean time between failure) for manufacturing equipments. These state-of-the-art applications also have capability to interface with sophisticated manufacturing equipments (SCADA, PLC etc) to retrieve equipment parameter information in real time to enable them to devise a more pro-active maintenance schedules. Additionally an on-demand access to service manuals and SOPs on their device ensures an increased operational efficiency.
Click here to read more on the tools that Mobien offers to manufacturing companies to improve their shop floor management and reduce MTBF for their equipments.
- Maintenance schedules
- Assignment / Reassignment
- Schedule Escalation
- Material Requisitions
- SLA Management
- Access to service manuals, SOPs
- M2M communication
- Process data capture
- Process Yield Capture
- Process notification
- Alerts for equipment uptime
- Equipment health
- Improved driver management
- Faster decision making
- Better employee communication
- Reduced selling costs
- Lower service costs for the machinery
- Improved intelligence via better analytics
- Increased competitiveness via improved customer retention
- Improved material tracking & handling
- Reduced cost / waste
- Highest quota attainment by the sales agent
- Improved asset lifetime