UltraTech Cement Ltd.:
A flagship company of the Aditya Birla Group, ranks among India’s largest private sector companies, with consolidated net revenue of Rs.202 billion and a consolidated net profit of Rs.27.6 billion (FY2010).
In cement, Grasim along with its subsidiary UltraTech Cement Ltd. has a capacity of 49 million tpa and is a leading cement player in India. In July 2004, Grasim acquired a majority stake and management control in UltraTech Cement Limited. One of the largest of its kind in the cement sector, this acquisition catapulted the Aditya Birla Group to the top of the league in India.
Maintenance Dept. was using traditional mechanism of carrying out the function of Maintenance of Plant Machines earlier that was totally manual system and was Person dependent. After implementing the SAP it started using the Maintenance module of SAP to prepare the Work Orders and started using the printed forms from SAP. In this process also carrying all the work orders was challenging for Maintenance Shift Engineers and then updating the same in the system was still challenge. There were following flaws in the system.
- Time taking process of Maintenance Order Update
- Engineers using Scratch Pad or Other Capture tool for keeping records
- Wrong entries due to Manual record keeping
- Added time delays in performing the Maintenance.
- Absence of reminder / alert Mechanism.
- Incomplete work orders.
While Mobien was implementing Mobility for UltraTech, Sales Force on iNotify Platform of Mobien. UltraTech decided to implement the Plant Maintenance as well through iNotify, Enterprise Mobility Platform from Mobien. And it proved to be the best solution to bit all the challenges of earlier system followed at Plant.
Mobien Digital has implemented Plant Maintenance using Tablet Devices on iNotify Enterprise Mobile Platform. In nut shell the Maintenance work orders from SAP are pulled on Android Tablets through iNotify by the Maintenance engineers using is a simple process through the application on Tablet and is automated. Engineers are carrying the Tablets to each machine and carrying out the Maintenance work with ease and the Work orders are updated on the Tablet itself. This has increase the Accuracy in Order updating. Time delays are avoided and once the work orders are updated they synched back with SAP through iNotify.
- This has reduced the time taken for recording the Orders for the Shift.
- Standardized capture tool used by all engineers.
- Wrong entries are avoided as updating happens immediately.
- Reduction in Time taken for the Maintenance and updating to SAP.
- No work order is missed out.
- All the work orders are completed.
- Improved overall performance.